Submitted: 08-30-2011 by ps

I had been using a 14' Voyageur fiberglass canoe, prior to purchasing the Prospector. The reason for the switch was looking for more stable canoe. I purchased a Kevlar canoe with wood seats, yoke and gunnuels.

Pros:-light weight, -stable, -handles waves well (1m)

Cons: -tracking requires close attention (to be expected no keel), -hardware (nuts and bolts) not water resistance. (suggest replacing with brass or stainless steel), -capacity

I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled waves. I was in a large lake with waves over a meter and just ignored them when navigating across the lake. I was surprised (should not been) at tracking. The canoe does not have a keel, so tracking has to be paid close attention too.

Turning was neither a negative or positive, I found it to be good, nothing special. I was a little surprised at capacity. It is not able to carry more weight than my old 14' which was a surprise. I personally would like the seats to be a little lower. This is just a personal preference.

All in all this is a good canoe and the criticisms are all small.