Submitted: 08-29-2011 by Syd/NM

I purchased my used 9.5' Heritage Featherlite or "Red Rita" as I call her this spring from a guy in town. I tested her out on a pond and then on a lake. No tracking issues what-so-ever. Then I tossed her in the Rio Grande River to hit some class I and II's and I was extremely happy. Then I ran this boat up north in some bigger rapids and I loved it even more. I dumped once but that is because I really dig big rapids and took some wild risks!! I am most likely putting this little craft through way more rough water experiments than most of you are ever going to try. I can fish from it, carry it's light weight long distances on my back for tricky put ins and take outs, plow through class III's while yodeling, and it fits flat in the bed of my pick up truck from corner to corner. I am 6' tall and 210 pounds and I am not sure why they even make other kayaks. Put on your skirt on paddle like a man! Yee-ha!

Suspenz: