Submitted: 08-29-2011 by Kevin

I have owned my Tarpon 140 (2011 build) for about 6 months and it is brilliant. After a few trips of getting used to it I took it for a 3 day camping trip down the Murray river in Australia and it had plenty of room for all of my equipment. I am now looking at doing some sea kayaking and I would rather do it in this than a sit in kayak. I purchased it to have the best of both worlds, fishing and recreational and so far it is doing both perfectly. I am now waiting on our local dealer to get one in mango and I will be straight down there to buy one for my wife. She loves them too.

When loaded up with 3 days worth of camping equipment I did need to have the scupper plugs in as I was sitting a little lower than water line but I also weigh 100 kgs. This trip was also in the middle of the winter so I didn't want to get too wet.

Going out for a days fishing trip is fine as less gear results in sitting higher than water line so I would leave the plugs out and let any paddle splash drain out.

I use the slide trax system to mount a rod holder on one side and a GPS on the other side. Having the rudder and a running anchor line also makes all the difference of making this kayak one of the best.

Space Trailers :