Submitted: 08-26-2011 by Doug

A great boat to paddle - I'm glad I purchased it. After much research (a lot of it on this site) and advice from the owner of Kayak Pro (a 5 time olympian & kayak world champion) I settled on the Namu L. I had been looking at the Jet, but was advised that the Namu would be a better (& cheaper) boat for me. The buying process was trouble free and the boat was delivered to my house on time & as I was away, even put in my garage! But the best part has been paddling it. I bought the boat mostly for fitness training and recreation and I paddle around our lake each morning.

The Namu is fast. I'm new to kayaking and I'll have to credit the boat for my ability to cruise at 7-8 km/hr and just about keep pace with my buddy in his rowing shell. It also tracks well and will run straight without needing to use the rudder. The foot rests and well designed thigh rests gives it a solid and comfortable ride.
Overall, its been a great boat.