Submitted: 08-26-2011 by VegasPapa
I am a male, late 50's, 185 pounds, average athletic ability. The Epic V10 Sport, performance model with factory installed drop down rudder has been awesome. I paddle in the Tennessee River, 2-3 mph current, large boat waves from tubing, people on skies and barges. The V10 Sport has been the awesome. I have paddled the WS Tarpon, Necky Elaho plastic, Looksha II, Epic 18X performance kayaks. I have tried Mako6, Think Legend, Think Evo (before paddling the 18X). Having stepped up the ladder of stability I could maybe enjoy the other skis better now and I will post it if I get a chance to paddle them. Brian Defouw and the people at Outdoor Inc in Memphis were awesome (as was the local BBQ) and the service I received from Epic Kayaks, Inc in Charleston was refreshing. Vince Bechet helped me get my kickup rudder installed and advised me on the best way to do that. Waylon Willis did a great job on the install and Beverly Hill was very helpful with the paperwork for my repair of my Epic rudder system... a great experience and an amazing paddling experience... as close as I have ever come to riding a magic carpet (music please :o)...)