Submitted: 08-23-2011 by HHB

For the price, I think it's hard to beat the OT Vapor 12. The cockpit is very roomy. The built-in paddle holders are a nice touch as is the easily adjustable seat back. I velcroed foam cushions to the seat bottom and the seat back and greatly improved the comfort for very little money. The boat tracks fairly well and is very stable. It's a fairly "bare-bones" kayak, but I added deck rigging, paddle clips, and the above-mentioned foam seat cushions to make it a little bit nicer for not a lot of money.

All in all, I'm very happy with my Vapor 12... it's a great beginner kayak without making a huge investment. I feel that we all think nowadays that we just HAVE to have the latest, greatest and most expensive of whatever it is that we are currently "in to" and later on, when the newness has worn worn off, we are left with an expensive "toy" sitting around that no longer thrills us. With the Vapor 12, a little money will get you a lot of enjoyment and you can always upgrade later on if your interest still remains high.

All in all, I'm very happy with my Vapor and would recommend it to others who are interested in kayaking.