Submitted: 08-22-2011 by RK

We bought two of these a year ago at a clearance of the 2009 models. My wife and I are smaller than average but we have no trouble getting the pegs and seats to be perfect. Then we bought Azul fibre paddles for almost the price of the kayaks. The only accessories are two self-inflating Thermarest cushions and safety kits.

First, the Vapors look nice in and out of the water, like blue dolphins. The canoe heritage is obvious from the keel line and rocker. We use them in a river with considerable current and they handle beautifully. I only get water in if I paddle sloppily or if someone borrows it. Then I use a soaker gun from Swift to pump it out.

The large cockpit means it's wider than it needs to be but there is no problem getting comfortable or going straight and fast. It turns by telepathy and I can paddle for hours and be comfortable. It rides waves very well. The weight and width make it a bit more of a chore to get onto a high rack. It's rugged and attractive. I am pleased with this model and brand.

In order to establish my commitment, I bought two cockpit covers for the next off season as the fellow in the store told me that mice eat the seats in the winter. That may or may not be true but the mouse traps that were in the boats last winter had no takers. I hope that if the mice come along they will be confused by the covers if they are interested in eating seats.