Submitted: 08-20-2011 by Kevin Guerin

If the rating system was from 1-100 I'd give it a 110. I have been canoeing all my life and wanted to get into kayaking for a long time now. A very bad back has stopped me until I found the Wilderness Systems Tarpon series. Sit ins and many sit on tops just were not comfortable for me. All I had to do was sit in the Wilderness System seat and I knew this was it. I bought a Tarpon 120 and a Tarpon 100 on the spot. My wife tried several other brands but none compared. She has back issues also. The 100 fits her perfectly. The first 3 times we went we were sitting down for 6 hours each day on this seat. I felt better then any other chair I own. It was like a whole new world opened up for us both.

I honestly don't know if I can capsize this without trying. I can sit sideways and fish, I can drag my feet over the sides while paddling. Getting in and out are effortless on this sit on top. Tracks like an arrow in 2 foot swells with a side wind and stays level. I was beyond impressed and still am. The hatch covers have not leaked yet and from what I see, can't be beat in the industry.