Submitted: 08-10-2011 by LN

This solo, modular, take-apart kayak is a fabulous invention-- well-made, stable getting in and out, and for the first time ever, I can actually take off alone in my car carrying a kayak I can transport without the help of another person. For that reason, I love it. It fits neatly into the back of my 2011 Subaru Forester in 2 pieces.

There is one drawback-- it tracks poorly. You've got to handle it almost like a canoe, varying each stroke to accommodate its wayward bow, which is always wanting to duck this way or that. I should also mention, it does not handle big waves well (but that is not an issue for me in mountain lakes). You wouldn't want to take it out in the ocean, though.

If only they could help the tracking somehow! Maybe the shorter length of the boat (it JUST fits into my SUV) makes that impossible. But I love that now 3 people and 3 kayaks can be carried on/in my car. That's a first!

Kayak Sails: