Submitted: 08-09-2011 by Sam

Like most reviewers for the Fusion 124, I picked up a pair of these at Dick's July 4th sale for $199 each. My GF and I had only previously used the sit-on variety of kayaks that most rental places offer. We were a little concerned about entry/exit but the large cockpit and wide dihedral hull alleviated those fears the first time we set off. We've only had the chance to do some short touring runs along the Intercoastal Waterway in NC and felt very confident in the stability, tracking, speed. The seat felt comfortable, but these were pretty short trips. Might look to upgrade at some point.

We plan on trying some fast moving rivers (no rapids) and will definitely take the advice on either expanding foam or airbags to help prevent swamping during a possible (but seemingly unlikely) capsize.