Submitted: 08-09-2011 by samelnyk
I traded in a 1998 Solstice GT for the 2010 version because of the changes in the hatches and the new rudder system. Well, after having worked with this boat for 3 months, I decided to trade it in for a Cetus MV (which is a better boat). While the new design corrected some problems, it created others.

First, the new cockpit design does not work for me. It is too big. With the old design, I could use the same sprayskirt on multiple boats. For the new design, I had to go from a 1.4 seal to a 1.7 seal. Second, the new rudder system is a real trade-off. On one hand, the pegs don't move. On the other hand, I have difficulty in centering the rudder when I retract it. Finally, for some reason, the boat feels big. It has become large, stable, and not as easy to move around.

In short, the boat, for me, became boring to paddle.
For many paddlers, this will be a great boat; for me, it no longer works. As I said previously, it has been sold.

Sealline: