Submitted: 08-08-2011 by BigGeorge

I read with interest some of the negative reviews here and felt compelled to give this kayak it's just due. I got my Prowler Trident 15 maybe 4 years ago, and was told it was an early production model.

Gotta admit: it is truly rock solid in construction, and after taking it out off shore in the Long Island Sound yesterday from CT with a good strong SW wind, I once again have to say that the boat is super stable and plows smoothly through the waves just like my 18 ft expedition kayak.

Never once did I feel uncomfortable with good sized fishing boat wakes or the 2-3' seas I encountered, as this boat can take (from previous experience) anything mother nature sends her way. But there is a trade off: It's not as fast as my WS Tarpon 160i, or as comfortable seating wise - but I also would have definitely flipped the WS 160i yesterday in a sea which resembled more of a 2-3' deep egg carton.

If you love rough water, this is the boat for you. It also carries a lot of weight too - and extra plus - and the hatches are water tight - at least on mine... Now, I can't vouch for the new ones, as they are a hell of a lot cheaper than what I paid for mine, so maybe try and see if there's an original used model that's for sale...