Submitted: 08-07-2011 by flesicko

I have purchased a total of 4 Novorca paddles. My first was my first Greenland paddle, an 84 inch made from Western Red Cedar. Since then my Euroblades have sat lonely and unused in my garage. I also bought an 86 inch carbon fiber paddle which is a great paddle, light and efficient, but it turned out to be a little long for me.

I made two purchases this summer: One was a small 82 inch foam core carbon fiber in gold-orange (it is visible but looks almost like wood and is a nice match for my mango Romany). This is a paddle you can see from a distance on Lake Superior. As a small woman, I found it difficult to get a very fast cadence or as much rotation with a long paddle. This beauty is strong and incredibly light ad very effective for paddling and for rolling. Ron customized it for me so that the loom and size fit me perfectly.

I also purchased a storm paddle as a spare that fits well on my deck. If I were to lose a paddle, it would be easy to reach ad fully assembled. It works nicely for a sliding stroke. This one is in a glittery green. Both paddles are light and well made. Because they are custom sized for my small size and small hands , they fit me extremely well. They are quite strong, but do not feel excessively stiff. Some people have expressed concern that they might be slippery this has not been a problem for me. They are also gorgeous. Ron is an artist with close attention to detail and he stands behind is work.

I have paddled with other Greenland paddles. Some felt too stiff for me, others were not the right size for me too long, did not fit my hands, etc. Ron customizes his paddles so that anyone can get the size they need. These are not only highly effective paddles, they are one of a kind works of art.