Submitted: 08-01-2011 by david

I bought the Kalao 2 years ago and have used it here in New Zealand with my 3 kids (14,12 and 10) It's been great, exploring inland coastal areas and kayak fishing, also using it as a platform for diving off. I attached a mercury 2.5 outboard by attaching deck planks to the rear molded handles area and using U bolts, then building up a little transom on back made so much easier by the square end. The kayak flies along and planes very nicely and its weight and stability are still excellent even when there are just 2 of us with the outboard going full throttle!

The Kalao is easily the best investment I have ever made. I transport it on my Mazda 626/Capella and it sits on top (inverted) and is very stable. I also move it around with a trailer when I am on my own and launch it straight into the water. Manhandling 87 lbs. from the roof of a car is difficult if I am on my own.
Great product, super stable and given us so much fun!