Submitted: 08-01-2011 by h20man

I ordered my Keweenaw in April after seeing it at a symposium in Michigan. What a great boat! I do not claim to be the most experienced kayaker as I have only been kayaking for about 3 years now. I started off with multiple small plastic rec boats with my family and now have worked up to the light-touring Keweenaw.

I wanted a stable boat that could be used for lakes and large rivers. It has worked out very well for me as I love the stability and the speed that it offers. I find I can keep up with friends that have 15 and 16 footers. I went with the contour seat (standard) and am very happy with it. The IR backband (standard again) also works very well. I did order it with thigh-high braces which are really neat. The added comfort and control with the boat that they provide is well worth it.

I have been very pleased with this boat and would recommend to anyone (like me) who is looking to "cross into" light-touring realm. The service from Peregrine was excellent.