Submitted: 08-01-2011 by harry0244
I have been paddling a ten foot Rhumba for several years. It tracks fairly well for its length, and I have reached 4.8 MPH (Hand held GPS reading) on calm water. The group I now paddle with has mostly sea kayaks, and I work very hard to keep up when they are just cruising. On the local narrow steams I like the maneuverability, and a slight tilt to the outside of a turn allows the shape of the boat to help turn. The bottom is too flat, and the chines too hard for serious edging, however. If you go very far from shore, I suggest some extra flotation.

All in all, it does what I expect for a boat in its class. I carry a spare paddle, a single blade for threading though heavy cattails and reeds in the rear deck bungies. On the down side, the seatback seems too high,, and the foot room a little tight, although the foot rests adjust easily. I am rating it high for its class, but it is not suitable for big water.

American Traders: