Submitted: 08-01-2011 by JR

I have had the Kipawa for 2 years now and feel I can now comment on the boats performance. Ours is the Gold Fusion layup with aluminum trim, wood seats and yoke. Sliding bow seat is great for trimming the canoe, contour of the seats make for a comfortable kneeling or sitting paddle.

The boats initial stability when empty of gear has a twitchy feel, when the canoe is not being paddled this is quiet apparent. Once the boat starts moving the initial stability changes and becomes more solid. Secondary stability is great. The canoe is a dream to paddle with or without a load, glides with little effort, tracks and turns very well. In rough water this boat cuts the waves, does not bob up and down, has a very reassuring feel and dry ride.

The quality of the canoe is great, we have had no problems. I would give the canoe a 9 or 10 if the twitchy feel when not moving was not so apparent, a little more stability there would help when I am fishing.