Submitted: 07-29-2011 by psteiner

Disappointed for a Coleman product I expected better quality.
On the first day on a river one foot brace broke. Drain plug fell out from force of water draining. Managed to find it on river bed in shallow water. On the second day the second foot pedal broke and the drain plug got lost again when draining because my son forgot to put in his pocket. (we did find it lodged in between two rocks... a miracle!) The drain plug retaining ring is very cheap ...

Last I am 6'2" and the edges of the kayak cockpit are very tight, upon rolling from white-water and exiting the kayak the cockpit edge acted like a knife and it shaved about 1/8" depth of skin off my shin. The scrape was 1-1/2" long and about 1/2" wide. This was three weeks ago and it still has not healed.

It does float and track fine for us, we have some experience in canoes and kayaks. The cockpit is very tight to get in and out of, my very athletic, trim, 18 year old (6'0") had some trouble tucking his legs inside. The life vest is good quality, ditto paddles and the kayak body. I am going to smooth the edges of the cockpit and forget about the foot pedals because after sitting down our feet are near the edges given the width of the kayak is not very wide. I won't take it on a river only lakes and ponds.