Submitted: 07-29-2011 by MP

This is a great canoe! I must be missing something on others who review a canoe and rate it poorly because it's "tippy". Come on Guys, ALL narrow, non-angular sided water craft are tippy! If you don't like tippy, go buy an old barge! This thing is a joy to use. I used to use an old aluminum mini john boat. Not as tippy and not as agile, nimble, maneuverable or fast either. No comparison (although this thing is not really fast by any means like a kayak).

This canoe with the back rests is a joy for fishing and just cruising along.
Some other guy rates it low because it won't do level 3 rapids? U serious? It's not that kind of a boat! Class 3 are considered "Moderately difficult". I'm not taking a canoe like this on those....go buy a canoe made for that.

As for the guy who says his is "bowing" in the middle, how is it being stored? The manual specifically states "store it upside down on blocks or sawhorses." How is this guy storing his canoe? Sitting out bottom down on black asphalt in the hot sun all day long? I wonder, but I will sure let you know if mine does that. I follow instructions and store it like they said to store it. I read many reviews of this canoe like 5+ years old. Not one mentioned bowing. Will see.

I love it, I take my 3 sons fishing in it, (tippy, if 3 young boys have yet to tip us all out of this boat, how does one guy manage to do it?)

Its tan color allows us to fish on top of the fish without scaring them as much as my old bright aluminum boat. We could not get near the fish with that bright noisy thing! Wohoo! I smile every time I sit back against my back rest and prop my feet on the sides of the middle seat! AHHHHH! Talk about comfy, no more knees to my chest, prostate crushing, back rest lacking, hard flat-seated torment for me! I'm serious, I smile every time I get in this thing!

My brother came to visit (an avid boater, jet-skier, everything water kind of guy) took it out by himself, came back and stated "Man, you got a winner here, this canoe is just great!"

I rate it an 8 as it could use some better rod holders (if that is even what those holes in front of the seats are) and a built in cooler might be nice, no? Good job mad river, Me LIKE! (and I'm a really picky kind of guy)