Submitted: 07-28-2011 by ricnteri

Bought this canoe not really knowing what I was getting since i really don't know that much about canoes. I'm a big guy and probably come close to maxing out the weight limits and was worried, but I got it at a steal and figured if it didn't work out, I'd keep it around for my son when he was in town.

First of all, I shouldn't have been so worried. This is a VERY stable Kayak. When I got the Kayak, I first put it in my swimming pool so I could get a feel of the canoe, how far I can go before it rolls, etc. I was surprised, I almost had to intentionally tip the canoe over. It's very stable. Next to Rhodes Pond, same thing. The canoe is stable, tracks well (from my beginner standpoint anyway).

IMO, this canoe is an excellent starter canoe, for someone just getting into the sport, not wanting to sink a lot of dollars and is a real confidence builder for a newbie. I can see the day when I'll probably want another better performing kayak. But for a starter kayak, this little boat can't be beat.