Submitted: 07-27-2011 by Mike J

I have recently purchased one of Northern Light Paddles 3 piece Carbon Greenland paddles and so far it has been great. The 36 inch long blades DO fit easily into the travel bag of my Feathercraft Wisper. It is a bit heavier than my other carbon paddle (the reason I gave it only 9 out of 10) but that is a result of the 3 piece construction (NLP makes a one piece that I am sure is lighter)

It feels very nice in my hands and I have already put close to 100 km on it. Though it comes with a storm paddle "insert", a shouldered storm paddle is not for me so I expect I will only use it in "normal" mode. The 3-piece joints seem to be rock solid and the paddle is tough - carbon paddles seem much more wear and tear resistant than wood ones. If you are in the market for a Greenland paddle, this is very worth while considering.

Schitt Creek Paddle Wear: