Submitted: 07-25-2011 by pikabike

I bought this little cart after giving up on finding a heavy-duty cart suitable for soft surfaces AND small enough to fit inside my kayak hatches. The hard 7" wheels on the Quantum cart would not be good for soft surfaces. However, on pavement the cart worked better than I expected based on its very narrow wheeltrack and small wheels. Since it does not fold, the cart does not scissor and veer way off while pulling it, like my old Paddleboy unit does (not to mention biting my hand when I fold that one).

It can be easily disassembled without tools. I can put the wheels inside not only my 10" bow or stern hatch openings, but even inside my smaller day hatch, with room to spare.

I have not yet checked whether the plastic hull "scoop" holder will fit inside my hatches if detached from the rest of the cart (it won't go inside there with only the wheels removed). But if it does not, the assembly minus the wheels can go in front of my footpegs. Actually the entire cart fits in there but I'm not wild about putting something in there that could cause entrapment.

I await a reduced-size version of the very solid C-Tug to be produced (or something like it). In the meantime, this little device works surprisingly well on hard surfaces, and it packs down quite small.