Submitted: 07-21-2011 by donnyboy

At the beginning of "kayak season" I decided to grab a couple more kayaks since we only had five and when the whole family goes river day tripping we need at least six. Wanted something smaller lighter and easier to handle than our fleet of 12 - footers. The local kayak dealer suggested the Emotion Glide as a reasonable choice. That is exactly what they have turned out to be.

I was leery at first about quality control... Emotion seems to have a problem with plastic in some of their molds. I say this because two of our kayaks are Emotion Advant- Edge rotomolded boats bought at the same time but one has maintained an acceptable shape over the years and the other has really never been good... seems as if the left side hull plastic is much thinner than the right and far more prone to oil canning. I need not have fretted... the Glides have none of the problems of the Advant- Edge.

A shorter hull, a better design with a bit of a keel line adds to hull rigidity and assists tracking. Seat supports and underhull strakes also provide hull integrity and straight tracking. These are great rec kayaks. At a fair price. Good for beginners,kids or light duty daytripping. Since we got these little gems....everyone wants to use them... the Glides are so handy and perform so well, there are times I wish all my boats were Glides.

My rating is based on performance for value. I would not hesitate to buy another...If you consider any inexpensive plastic kayak examine it carefully... turn it upside - down ... and push, prod, sight along the keel line for symmetry.