Submitted: 07-21-2011 by johnheiam
I have mounted these on both the factory crossbars on my RAV4 and on Yakima bars on the RAV4 and Dodge mini van. They fit most boats either right side up or upside down. The boats are held securely. The Seawings go on easily and fit right next to the rail support so there is a wide variety of places to mount them.

I have one complaint: No matter how I strap the boats down the carriers howl like crazy. It is almost impossible to hold a conversation at highway speeds. I have tried a variety of ways to attach the straps and have even tried ropes, to no avail. I think the howling is coming from the space between the kayak and the carrier. I have used them with both my Hurricane Tampico 135L and my Dagger Blackwater 12.5, and have experienced the same problem with both boats. I have not had this problem with my Yakima cradles, J-cradles, or Malone J cradles.