Submitted: 07-20-2011 by Byak

Having only paddled a few rec. boats, then a Liquidlogic Remix XP9, an older creek boat pyrahna micro bat 240, and having difficulty with stability on faster water (class II III), I then got into a Super Hero... and I have to say... WOW!!!

This boat is so stable, and surfs so well I can't imagine ever wanting to paddle anything else. I do agree it is not light, but the 2010 model I have has a strap inside the bow along the foot block to hold while carrying the boat this allows you to support the boat on your shoulder by the thigh pad which is quite comfortable.

I can't stress enough about how comfortable this boat is on bigger water...I'm no class V paddler by any stretch, but this kayak increases ability by at least 1/2 class just by getting in it. Oh yeah did I mention it surfs!!!! It surfs so good it feels like a play boat,but stable.

I am 5'10", and about 160 this kayak is meant for bigger people, but it handles so good for a high volume kayak. Being under 8' it turns on a dime... I can catch eddys like nothin'. This boat rolls very well too... I was on the Chattooga river in Georgia,and it is full of surf spots...I was trying to flip this boat...finally it went over... I had my first combat roll in the field, and it came up so quick it was shocking. Once you have that confidence in the roll, the possibilities are endless......
Buy this kayak!!!