Submitted: 07-20-2011 by mtwaggin

My rack had it's second outing this weekend and performed great! Over bumpy gravel roads, serious cross-winds and highway speeds. Loading and unloading is getting easier (but would be impossible without it). I'm a gal who isn't a wimp but certainly can't lift a 60 pound kayak onto the roof of a van either. This was the ticket as the price was affordable and it fits fairly well on my van's crossbars but getting parts to fit every variety of roof rack cross bars out there is probably impossible.

I did take the suggestions of many and put a rubber bottom bath mat on the back window of the van to protect it and that too worked like a dream. Easy with the double doors and stepping on the back bumper to get everything strapped down. Put it on my 2004 Chevy Venture and it carries my 12' Old Town Vapor.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an easy loading option that isn't going to set you back $600. Got mine off Amazon and have ordered spare parts directly from Malone (I didn't tighten down one of the T knobs and it is now lost forever).

Space Trailers :