Submitted: 07-19-2011 by Allan

I owned and paddled this boat for a full season, approx 10 hrs a week. That being said I hated the boat. The boat needed constant attention to track in a straight line. You shouldn't have to work that hard. Not great when it was to be used primarily as a bay boat. I would say it is 75% a river boat and if you had to, it would get you there as a touring boat. I was hoping for a nice compromise but it wasn't.

On the positive it was a great creek boat, had fun in class 1's etc. But as a sea kayak of any kind it failed. BTW: I am swift water trained, and an avid whitewater and sea kayaker. I have owned and paddled many boats and this was by far the worst. I had other experienced paddlers jump in (to see if it was me) and their opinion was sell the boat! I did!

Again, a great creek boat but a total failure as a touring boat. Hence the 5 rating.