Submitted: 07-19-2011 by Paddlebum

I reviewed this boat in 2000 not long after I bought it (see my 2000 review below) and just sold it after 11 years. Hated to see it go but I have moved up to a 17.5 P&H Scorpio and needed the room. I still think its a great boat and my previous comments still apply. It's especially a great boat for someone that wants more than a rec boat but wants a smaller package. Its seen everything from 15 mile trips to ocean surf and 4 foot swells and never let me down. It's too bad Perception discontinued it. The buyer said he couldn't find the specs so I thought I would include them: beam 23.5", weight 49 pounds, paddler weight range 90-180 pounds; paddler height 5'10" maximum. The boat has double bulkheads which leak some but still provide excellent safety and enough space for 3-4 day overnight trips. It definitely deserves a look if you want a capable sea kayak in a small package.