Submitted: 07-19-2011 by woodonwater

I'll echo all the positives from the other review. We decided to build our own boats for cost and aesthetic reasons, choosing the Wood Duck Hybrid - same hull but with a strip constructed deck. We built Robins boat first, the 10' model. The process took about twenty days (we built from plans) with ample support from the CLC forum.

The build for my boat, the 12' model was interrupted by my work schedule. Whenever we would go to the water I would rent a boat. This was tough, several different boats and styles and I couldn't keep up with her, I'd be paddling hard and watching her from behind just casually working that beautiful thing through the water. Sometimes she'd rest her legs on top of the cockpit and look so comfortable...

Well this weekend we attached the deck and hull of mine and it's almost there. No more renting and my back is ready for that huge cockpit with ample room, I've even read about folks laying down in them and napping.

I will update this if I have any negative experiences but seeing how hers performs I doubt you'll hear from me.