Submitted: 07-19-2011 by gene

I do not know who has been gushing over this kayak, probably hired by the company. I recently bought two kayaks. One for me and one for my son. I got the Old Town Vapor 10 and he bought the Perception Sundance 9.5 because it looked cool. The Vapor was incredibly stable in the water while my 20 yr old son rolled his Sundance 9.5 not 30 seconds after he launched it. Being the good father I traded with him and could barely get my Vapor 10 back from him. The next day I took the Sundance out for one last run to see if I should trade it in or not. That thing is tippy and has a large opening without much freeboard I wound up rolling it half way into my trip. Yeah, a spray skirt would have helped, but when the seat is several inches off the floor your center of gravity is working against you the whole time.

Bottom line... you do not know me and I do not know you but I was sent terribly askew when I was reading all of those glowing reviews.