Submitted: 07-18-2011 by Carolyn

The Swifty is a great kayak! My husband and I each bought a Swifty based mainly on the reviews on this site. We are older (56 and 65) and new at kayaking. After trying other Perceptions and an Old Town, we decided we wanted a lightweight kayak that we could easily transport and I could carry without assistance. Since most of our paddling will be on lakes and slow moving rivers, we didn't feel the need for anything expensive or fancy.

The boat is stable and easy to maneuver. It is stable, tracks well for a short, wider kayak, and has a huge cockpit. I bought cheap clip-on cup holders for water, and besides the paddle, is the only accessory we need. We can get both kayaks into our Toyota Highlander, and secure them and the rear hatch with bungee cords, which is fine for local trips. With the front seat laid back, I can fit one inside and close the hatch.

The only reason I rate this kayak a 9 out of 10 is because the seat is adjusted with a strap, which tends to want to very slowly slip backward. I don't know how long it's going to hold up. One tip...the salesman sold me a paddle that was too short. IMO 230cm is the minimum length to comfortably paddle this kayak, due to its width, and is what I use now.