Submitted: 07-14-2011 by Driven1

I just picked the FutureBeach up at Dicks for I couldn't get another Equinox 10.4 at Costco for my wife. However, I am very impressed! It appears to be of the same manufacturer of the Equinox. I bought it for we had recently returned a Coleman kayak for it was WAY to tippy for my wife. This model though seemed to be pretty stable. Also, I personally found it quite fast for a dihedrall hull. I found it very comfortable for my trip. (I'm 5'11" and 200 lbs)

The only cons: It doesn't have a front storage and the rear storage isn't a deep storage. I don't see a reason why it is so shallow either. I will say the boat as a whole has a very low profile, which makes it lighter and faster in the water, but makes any waves or water to go over the hull a little. You still stay dry though. Also, the cup holder is quite small in diameter. Those are very trivial concerns.

I bought this after not finding another Equinox at Costco, but this one has the same bottom dihedral design, which is what I was looking for. You lose some storage and height, but quite cheap!

Thunder Bay Tourism: