Submitted: 07-13-2011 by Christina Bailey

I recently purchased 2 of these kayaks at Dicks for their 4th of July Sale price!!! One for me and one for my husband... we like to go Canoeing, but I like to be in charge... and he likes to be in charge... so we thought we should have separate vessels!! We absolutely loved them!!! We kayak on the Pentwater River... We start where people don't usually go (to much brush... and fallen trees for normal people.. and the river is very narrow and curvy).

These kayaks are almost impossible to tip over, I can even stand up in mine and paddle (as long as it is a straight of way)!! Our Friends recently got Dagger kayaks, and paid about twice as much as us, and they do not have the cup holder, nor are they as stable as ours. If you wanted to go do some "extreme" kayaking, then maybe opt for a more expensive kayak, but for recreation...which is what this is made for...it is perfect.

Yes, the foot pedals are a little cheap, and the seats are a little uncomfortable for a six plus hour ride (we plan on getting new seats), and there is no place to put my 112 lb lab (need to make some modifications for him), but all in all we love our kayaks!!!

Another complaint that I have seen is when they tip over...which it is hard to tip over, they will fill completely up with water... this is true, but our friends Dagger he recently purchased is the exact same way...he did tip over, and had to haul his to shore, and empty it...and it was a struggle!! Point being the more expensive "recreational" Kayak was designed the exact same way as these!!! I also notice that the worst review on this page is from someone who only looked at the kayak, and did not personally try it out!!!

We love them... and I think we made a great decision in purchasing them for "recreation"!!

New York Kayak Co.: