Submitted: 07-11-2011 by J.pluth
OK let's start with the fact that this is my first kayak. Price was a major issue since I didn't know how I was going to enjoy it so $249 for the package was a good deal, just be prepared to buy a different PFD.

Tracking is decent not great, it seems I spend a lot of time correcting my path, like a car with a loose front end. As for Speed/Glide it seems I have to dig quite a bit to keep up with my in-laws, but for most practical purposes it works, the high boards make it very susceptible to wind drift, so you will need to outfit it with a drag sock if you want to stay in one spot very long even on a calm day.

The seat is very comfortable, I have been out in this for an 8 hr fishing trip and no problems. I plan on using this a bit in a river, so I thought it would be a good idea to practice getting back in, the stern flotation bag fits so loose it is impossible to dump the water without bringing it to the shore and the lack of a bow bag makes it very difficult to get back in without it sinking... with the help of a couple foam blocks I have hopefully solved this problem! (keep an eye on e-bay if it works I might make them to sell way cheaper than the universal air bags) The cup holder is so big and shallow about the only thing that will fit securely is a canned beverage with a kooze.

All this being said I would recommend this to a friend looking for an entry level boat. In fact I have just bought a second one for my wife.
P.S. adding rod holders for my next trip