Submitted: 07-11-2011 by Gemini_Eyes

I'm 5'9", 170 lbs and this boat fits really well. I was skeptical about getting the LV version of the Fathom, but its turned out to be a great fit. It's a little unsteady standing still, but its easy to adapt to.

I'm just starting to learn more more advanced skills. Just recently I worked on self-rescues and there were no issues. I had no problem getting back into the boat with a paddle-float outrigger. Next, I will be practicing assisted rescues and hip snaps. Its obvious this boat fits the need of any paddler that has the desire to improve and expand their skill set. I opted for this over the Journey because the Fathom and Fathom LV were faster.

Downsides to this boat are it probably doesn't have the carrying capacity required for a lengthy camping trip. Also, the price keeps it out of the recreational only range, but I don't think this boat was simply meant to paddle calm lakes.

Thunder Bay Tourism: