Submitted: 07-08-2011 by Mike B.

I got my Pelican Ultimate 100 today at Dunhams for $199. I've seen these little kayaks all over the place this summer on car tops and in the water. Easy to load on top of my little Metro and the RamX hull seems durable enough. This is my first ever foray into kayaking and it is an absolute piece of cake. Get in and paddle away. Not sure of the difference between the Ultimate 100 and the Pursuit 100, but this Ultimate 100 has the adjustable foot pads, bungee cords on the forward deck, small covered storage bin in the back, but no paddle holder. Paddle kept sliding off so I made my own holder with some heavy duty nylon picture hangers (30# capacity) and some stainless screws and nylon locking nuts and a bit of bungee cord. Works great.

Tracking seems fair, but I noticed that if you stop paddling, it tends to start turning around. I understand longer kayaks tend to track even straighter, but this one is certainly easy enough to manage and get back on track. I'm really enjoying the Pelican Ultimate 100 and thinking of getting a a 2nd one so a friend or relative can paddle along too. Its a whole lot of fun. What more need I say?