Submitted: 07-05-2011 by lsutton

My wife and I bought this kayak used from a local canoe rental company. It was approximately 10 years old. It is still solid; the only thing wrong with it is a small bubble in the outer layer of plastic from sitting in direct sunlight for all that time. We bought it as a 3rd boat that we would probably never use accept when we took our little boy out with us. Now after just one summer it has replaced our Emotion Edge.

The boat tracks well in most water conditions however I have found myself getting more than a little damp in rapid water. The Twin Otter is comfortable for short to mid range trips I have taken it on one 16-mile trip and it was fine. It is pretty maneuverable too; I took it through some flooded islands this spring and was able to paddle right with my friends who were in single kayaks.

I give this boat a 9 because it lacks some of the creature comforts of some newer more expensive boats like padded seats, cup holders, and dry storage, but I think that all came on later models.