Submitted: 07-05-2011 by David L

I bought my Tourer new in Feb 2011, I guess I got the last of the old ones with the external rudder lines, what a pity, I don't like them. I think Cobra got a bit carried away with the number of clips and things installed on the hull, too many! why not keep it simple and add in a bag of bits to let owners set the boats up as they want, not a generic catch all. I'd also love a waterproof cover and flush fitting bungs for that cavernous rear hold. If you don't use it its just a drag and somewhere to catch water if you shoot down a rapid. How about it Cobra?

I have heard of Cobra variable build quality but I have this and an Eliminator, the plastic quality is excellent on both, I don't have hatch leakage problems and the finish is fine. Its a great tourer if you want a bit of speed as well and I simply can't fault its stability, its excellent, even for a good average Aussie like myself at 6'3" and 230 pounds. It does push a bit of water as you approach hull speed but the way the tri-formed hull curls the water makes it feel fast anyway.

In Australia, Cobra is marketed as a quality boat, the two I have haven't let me down at all. The only let downs are the overly fussy hull fittings and lack of rear hatch. Go for it Cobra!