Submitted: 07-05-2011 by Mark-from-WNC

I'm a avid mountain biker that has wanted to try paddling for a while however my budget will only support one hobby at a time or so I thought...Til I saw this boat at my local sporting goods store. I was able to buy 2 Pursuit 100's with PFD's and paddles for the same price as a entry level mountain bike. My son and I took them out on the lake today and had an awesome time.

Like I said I'm a newbie but I suspect that is the level of paddlers that would be looking at a boat in this price range. Both boats tracked as well if not better than I expected, They felt unstable at first but in no time both my son and I felt perfectly at home in them. They seemed as fast as any of the kayaks we encountered on the lake which is pretty good since they spent probably double if not more than we did.

The only reason I was unable to give them a 10 was as others had said the screws in the foot peg did work loose, But for what I spent I will be more than happy to break out my philips and tighten them up. I'm 6' 225 lbs and my son isn't too much smaller and both boats sat up in the water and showed no signs of being in danger of sinking. Some people expressed concerns about the hull scraping; personally, I don't think that it did or will scrape up anymore than that on any other kayak but being white I believe its just more noticeable. The hull material seems as thick as any of the boats I looked at in the entry to middle price range.

I am looking forward to enjoying many years paddling and I suspect these boats will be around for a while. Though I must admit I am hooked enough that I can't wait to upgrade. And isn't that what any entry level outdoors product suppose to do? Get you so excited about the sport that you can't wait to move up to the next level.