Submitted: 06-30-2011 by Jeff

I bought the Pursuit 100 on a Friday after work. I went in the local sporting good store, just going to price out a new kayak, and stumbled upon this gem. At first I was skeptical about how it would handle especially being 10ft, until I got it in the water.

The stability is a little loose, but takes about 5 minutes to get used to. Now I can jump in and out of no problem at all. Tracking is great considering the length. It does tend to track a little to your weaker arm but some small adjustments in paddling will cure that. It can maintain a decent travel pace but is not super fast. But not like trying to paddle a log. Perfect for slow rivers and lakes.

The only reason I'm giving it a nine is because of the back hatch collecting water as you paddle. I am currently in the process of waterproofing that... The bungees are great and the pre-drilled holes for accessories are another plus.

I normally fish out of the kayak in our local river. Plenty of room in the hatch to throw a few drinks and some snacks, cell phone and wallet. I throw my small tackle box between my legs up front and strap the ultralight rod to the front bungees until I reach my destination.

I have a few scratches on the bottom of it from putting it in the water and not seeing some submerged concrete but other than that I have had no issues at all.

I love this thing, perfect for the waterways around where I live. Don't expect a 800 dollar kayak, but for the money, it's a 10 for sure!