Submitted: 06-27-2011 by Ryan L

I have had many kayaks, but my Loon 138 was my first one ever. I have had it for over ten years now and it is still my go to boat! I have used it on large MN lakes, small Iowa lakes and large slow rivers. Needless to say this kayak is a tank - in a good way! The polylink 3 has held up considerably well and still remains very stiff. By now, of course, the bottom is scratched up pretty good, but it hasn't seemed to affect it's speed or tracking at all! Case in point - if you can find one of these used, you are most likely in for a good deal!

I mainly use this for long river trips or fishing trips. Bass fishing out of this boat is so much fun as the wide cockpit makes it easy to wrangle lures and fish. I am 6'5" and 225 lbs and for a large paddler like myself, this boat is highly recommended!