Submitted: 06-20-2011 by lb

We got our 14' Sportspal in 1972 in Callendar, ON Canada at the factory. Over the years we have dented it and the aluminum on the bottom must be pretty thin! We have had one bad incident when we took in out overloaded and in rough Lake Ontario water. This canoe has been our buddy for longer than we have had our children. It is light enough that my arthritic ex-husband can lift it. We car topped it on a canvas top convertible when we were young and crazier.

There's no way I would trade this wonderful little boat for a regular canoe. We have had several motors on it, and there is nothing nicer than scooting along silently with an electric motor. I hate paddling; I am a rower so it is perfect for me when the battery gives out. Ours is not a Radisson and I understand that they are even sturdier. We had ours out twice so far this year and have decided to give it a real workout this summer.