Submitted: 06-20-2011 by OneKayaker

This is my first kayak and only my 5th time being on one. My first experience was 4 weeks ago. I live in SW Florida. I took it out today for its maiden voyage. We went to Placida where there is a free parking kayak launch point that is too small for trailered boats but just right for kayaks and canoes. I went out into some mangrove trails, crossed busy boat channels, got visited dolphins, scared a few sea birds.

The Mojo handles well although it tracks so true it doesn't like to turn. I mean it TRACKS! Straight as an arrow! It totally wants to go go go . The only time I was wondering why it was strange paddling was because the Mojo was going so much faster than I thought I was hardly able to keep up. It is scary spending a lot of money on your first kayak. Especially with so little experience. But I have few bad things to say about this little boat. I am certainly glad I bought it. I also bought the Emotion carbon fiber handled paddle and it is nice too.