Submitted: 06-13-2011 by Kurt

First of all, I really feel testing several kayaks before purchasing one will really help out your decision in purchasing a yak. I went the cheaper route the first time around and thought it was a good kayak... until I bought a Tarpon 120 back in February 2011.

The Tarpon 120 is a very comfortable yak to sit in. I have been out paddling as long as 6 hours with no back fatigue or butt ache. The yak tracks very good and cuts through the water with ease. The front hatch is large enough to carry my kayak cart and the 8" hatch near the seat is perfect for all your smaller things. With the raised design of the seat, your butt stays perfectly dry. There are lots of other features built into the design of this boat. You can check them out on Wilderness Systems' website.

I know the Tarpon 120 isn't as cheap as a $400 kayak, but you get what you pay for. I learned that lesson and feel that all the benefits you get, more than make up for the higher price. Buy the Tarpon 120 the first time and you'll never have to spend for a better kayak the second... and the Tarpon 120 is much better than the Tarpon 100 for men b/c of the extra weight of a male.