You are responding to the following review:
Submitted: 06-13-2011 by amf
Had a chance to paddle this boat recently. Tracks reasonably well, is light weight and easy to carry, and stable on the water. It comes with a stern bulkhead and hatch, has a netting stowage pocket on either side of the cockpit, and an odd "glove compartment" under the deck just forward of the cockpit that is sized to hold a small dry box that comes with the boat. The cockpit is large enough without being overly huge. It has a somewhat unusual look in that the grab handles are molded-in plastic holes that protrude on the bow and stern.
While it was a fun boat to paddle about, I feel there are a few issues with the boat a prospective owner should be aware of:
So there you have it handles nicely on the water, easy to cart around, stable, but has what I feel are some issues. Depending on your price point, it would make a nice boat to toss into the pond on a warm summer day.
- Stowage nets while these are nice they don't really secure anything. If you flip, what's in them will likely come out.
- Dry box - its a nice touch, but there is no way to secure it in the space provided. Any webbing that may be used to secure it could present a potential entanglement hazard.
- Carry handles these are comfortable but could be a safety hazard. If your hand is through the handle and the boat twists whether from wind, current, or anything else, it could potentially injure your hand.
- Hatch covers these are the two piece lid and inner neoprene cover type (I have one on another boat, and am not a fan of the style). The Advant-Edge has a flexible plastic outer lid held in place with two bungee loops. Don't count on the hatch being watertight - I continually found water in the stern compartment, whether from a leaky bulkhead or the hatch I could not tell
- Bow flotation typically a foam pillar on this level boat, there is none in the Advant-Edge. One needs to be careful when strapping the boat to a rack.
- Seat while the padded, molded-in seat was comfortable to sit in, I found the angle of the back did not encourage good paddling posture and there was no way to adjust it adequately.
* All you need to do is submit the form above and an email message will be sent to the owner of the ad you are enquiring about.