Submitted: 06-13-2011 by cameikle

I've had an Epic for years. I'm about 6'1" and I find this boat just a little low in the deck, more room for knees, and feet would be nice. On longer trips I found myself looking for an Island to jump out onto to stretch the legs. That said, you could power your way to that Island in no time, I was always running circles around a friend who had a current designs Storm... But HE was much more comfortable.

I had fun in the surf with this boat, Lean forward and paddle like Hell, making major corrective strokes, because getting sideways usually meant a wet exit and watching the kayak barrel roll away on top of the next wave! I called it the yellow submarine, the whole front end submerged as I powered it in to the beach. The extra volume at the bow kept it from pegging the sand on the bottom as I was shooting in to the beach...