Submitted: 06-13-2011 by amf
This was my first time to paddle a SOT, and I found it quite enjoyable during an afternoon’s paddle. While not tricked out like some of these can get, it seemed to have all the basics. The fold up seat back was quite comfortable - the back was narrow enough so as to not interfere with body movement, and it could hold a good upright paddling position. As much as I liked the seatback, it was also the source of my biggest complaint in that it can interfere with a wet re-entry. Guess you can’t have everything! Foot positions were likewise comfortable, but prospective purchasers with extra long legs may find them inadequate. The bow hatch cover was completely watertight, even when burying the nose.

On the move I found the Temptation both stable (I could stand up in it & paddle) and surprisingly maneuverable (I could even get a modest edge on it for peeling out of eddies). Since it is short, it's no speed racer if that is what you are after. Its weight is very reasonable for a SOT.

I could definitely see adding this to my fleet!