Submitted: 06-10-2011 by cropduster
I have been looking and dreaming about a QCC kayak for over a year now. I read all the reviews and anything else about them that I could find. Finally, a Q600X with carbon/kevlar and a skeg came up on the demo page. It came in yesterday and today we did a 19 mile trip on part of the Mississippi River in Northeast Louisiana.

After 4 1/2 hours with one stop I am very pleased with my purchase. The boat is fast and comfortable. It looks great. It fits great. I am 5'8" and 180 lbs and am glad I didn't get the 700. I think it might have been to big unless loaded with supplies. Several commented about the boat being tippy but it hasn't been a problem. In all kind of conditions from fast water, flat water with a 10 MPH headwind, weaving in and out of trees in flooded timber, it performed better than expected. The other paddler had a rudder and could navigate a little better in the trees but I just picked the skeg up and it did fine.

The boat was listed as a two year old in excellent condition but it's more like a brand new boat. I put the box out this morning for the trash pickup because this boat is staying here.