Submitted: 06-09-2011 by rchad
The sprinter is a great all around boat in my opinion. I read some reviews that say it is tippy. Trust me, far from it. Maybe if you have never paddled a kayak before and this was your first kayak then yeah maybe you would think it is a little tippy. I think a newbie would feel comfortable in a few short paddles. I fish from this boat constantly. So you know if I can fish from it, the boat is fairly stable.

As far as the speed goes, maybe not the fastest sit on top but you are sacrificing stability when you gain speed. So yeah there are faster SOT out there but they are not as stable as this boat.

I would consider this a great boat for fitness and general everyday paddling. If you a racer this boat will hold its on to most kayaks but if there is a tippier boat out there the same length it will probably be faster as long as the person paddling it is a great paddler. I give this boat a 9 for the all around comfort, speed, and stability this boat has. If you find one for sale I would not hesitate to buy it. You will enjoy it.

Spirit Sails: