Submitted: 06-07-2011 by bartc

I'm newer to kayaking and bought the Glide to start out on flat canal water and move up as I learn. This is a fun, well-designed and inexpensive boat in its class. I have zero complaints.

It's really a fully equipped rec kayak ready to use out of the box. You blow up the float bag (wish they had included one for the bow too, but that's cheap enough from them at $25), adjust your foot pads and launch. It's a stable boat, launching and paddling, and it handles well for its size and shape. We get plenty of wind where I live (SF Bay), and the boat isn't bad in the wind at all; otherwise it tracks very well. It's fast enough and it's a tough build. The seating and footpad systems are very good for starters; there's room to customize if you want.

I do recommend this to friends, and commend Emotion Kayaks for their good design at a very attractive price.

Danuu Sup Covers: